Monday, November 20, 2006

Head on down to IHOP

Where can you go to find a hot cup of coffee, steaming hot pancakes and all the college football gossip you can handle? Just make your way down to IHOP, an acronym standing for the International House of Pancakes.
I recently had the opportunity to eat breakfast at the IHOP on Hillsborough Street. I must say that I was impressed. The only trouble that I had with the place was the ability to find a parking spot. As soon as I walked in the door, I saw that all the seats were full. I did not know if I wanted to stay but the host said that the wait would only be about 10 minutes. He was right. With about 10 seconds to spare, I was off to my booth. The waiter attended to me quickly and had my drink order out in about two minutes. For my meal, I ordered the Breakfast Sampler Plate. It was in front of me in about 10 minutes. The food was cooked to perfection. I like my eggs a certain way before I can consider them just right and I can honestly say that these were just right; they were sunny side up and just a little runny.
My Wolfpack hat must have given me away. I had three different people reassure me how bad it was that we lost to the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. We also discussed how good Ohio State University was and how there was no one else in college football that could compete with them. One man even said that they could probably beat several NFL teams. I had to agree with him.
When I was finished, I looked at my bill and noticed that it was about $8, which is expensive for me for breakfast. Come on though. Where else can you go on Hillsborough Street first thing in the morning for great food and great times? I was thoroughly impressed with IHOP and would definitely recommend it to any North Carolina State University student.
JL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home