Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Restaurant Review: Mitch's Tavern


I just tried out Mitch's Tavern on Hillsborough Street. If you blink you will miss the entrance, as I did several times before finally locating it. What actually grabbed my attention were the neighboring businesses. I was checking to see if they had painted their windows with supporting words of fanship in light of North Carolina State University's homecoming this week. Or not. Inside, the restaurant is very cozy and has that old battered look to it. The food; however, was not very good, or at least not what I tried--the Pasta Primavera. The locale is great for meeting with friends, though I suspect it is more of a hang out than a place to eat. I asked my waitress how they prepare for big events that happen on campus and she said, "We have to conform to the culture of being so near a college campus. We have to expect that students will come here just to sit with friends, or grab a bite to eat before or after class." Mitch's surely does cater to that.

LV

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home